Book of interest

Sat Feb 23 13:19:05 EST 2008

I recently purchased a copy of Morning Sun's new book titled "Wabash/Nickel Plate/DT&I Color Guide to Freight and Passenger Equipment," by James Kinkaid.

This book follows the usual Morning Sun 128 page all color format. Mr. Kinkaid is a noted author and rolling stock historian.

Of particular interest is that information is included on the Wabash and Nickel Plate equipment post merger with N&W. The book obviously includes information regarding the original owner roads' equipment, but where known, gives the N&W renumberings and/or class information.

The DT&I was also an important interchange partner with N&W. The book even includes a photo of one of the N&W Class B4A boxcars that was leased to DT&I, and answers the question as whether is was repainted or not.

A few pages are also included for the Ann Arbor.

This book is of interest to those who favor the pre-merger N&W, as well as those who favor the post 1964 merger N&W.

I have no connection with the publisher nor author; it should be available from your favorite book seller.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD