CPL signal aspects

Wed Feb 27 20:38:42 EST 2008

The new interlocking we installed at Rawl a few months ago can give the Diverging Approach Diverging aspect, but the old CPL's we removed did not have this capability. There was not a single flasher relay in either house case.

Now, as for the new signals, this aspect can only be given on the westward signals. The order would be:

Merrimac: Clear
Rawl: Diverginig Approach Diverging
Sycamore Cut: Approach Diverging
Two Station at Williamson: Diverging Approach or Diverging Clear, depending how the signals at Beckett at Williamson are lined.

The signals at Rawl are "full houses", meaning they can display all the aspects. But keep in mind, especially on color light signals, that just because a signal hypothetically could display all the aspects, doesn't mean the circuitry is designed for it to do so. The eastward signals are also full houses, but they can't give an approach diverging, advance approach, or diverging approach diverging because the track layout does not require it.

Ben Blevins