ICC Valuation maps and National Archives

Thu Mar 13 18:17:36 EDT 2008

For more information on the National Archives, see the two part artilce in
the March and April 2008 issues of Railroad Model Craftsman.

The NWHS also has microfilm copies of the Sanborn maps for Virginia, West
Virginia and Ohio (I believe) in the Archives; not every city is included
however; for example, I was able to locate maps for Luray, VA, but none for
Shenandoah, VA; this surprised me given the division point yard there.
Smaller towns, such as Grottoes, VA were not there either.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD