ICC Valuation maps and National Archives

Sat Mar 15 12:52:18 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 10:21 PM, Gordon wrote:

> Probably public libraries in other Virginia cities and in other states

> would have Sanborn insurance maps available in a similar manner.

The Virginia Tech library has a number of Sanborn map books in the Maps
collection, plus microfilms with various Virginia localities from various
time periods. These were produced from the Sanborn collection in the Library
of Congress. From the library home page at http://www.lib.vt.edu/ enter
"Sanborn maps" into the Addison search to get the results. I also have
slides of the Radford book, some of which I have scanned (now I just need to
find them and I'll add them to my N&W web site).

Bruce in Blacksburg