Twelvepole Line: What Was Left in 1950?

Sat Mar 15 18:18:34 EDT 2008

Dear Haystack searcher:
The 2003(?) NWHS Convention in Huntington provided a very nice tour of the remains of the Twelvepole Line. The mine at East Lynn was operational (I think it still is) and they timed 'flood loading' a train for us. We also got a tour of the classify, crush and wash facility. It was very educational. The only station left, that I recalled seeing, is at Lavalette and the bus was stopped for us to photograph. So the east end of the line is in very good condition.
I only new of the line shortly before going to the convention.
Charlie Long