FM Trainmasters

Fri Mar 21 00:02:55 EDT 2008

Listers:
My thanks also for the great discussion on the eventual demise of a very interesting motive power component, the FM's.
As Bruce suggested, we can check our photos of the 1776/173 duo for a 'cut-down' time line. I know that I photo'd the duo on New River bridge at Radford. Also I recall a trip to Martinsville that I rode, possibly to a race, that the Roanoke Chapter sponsored the excursion.
If anyone in the Roanoke Chapter can nail that, it may be of help.
Isn't it sad that only one TM (I think, a CP unit in Canada) is preserved.
I don't think we've kicked this one around before like we have "the correct shade of N&W maroon".
Charlie Long