New Book

Sun Mar 23 09:09:05 EDT 2008

Yesterday, I received my copy of the new book from Timber Times: Logging Railroads of the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains: Volume 1 - Cold Mountain, Black Mountain and White Top by Thomas Fetters. I have skimmed it quickly; it has some really neat pix and write ups for SW Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina. It covers many early operations near and around the N&W mainline. Here are some of the listings in the table of contents (4 pages - single spaced): Marion & Rye Valley, Damascus Lumber Co, Hassinger Lumber Co, Laurel Railway, White Top Railway. There is some coverage of the Abdington Branc as well. I think this will be a good read!

TimberTimes is at www.timbertimes.com

Keep in touch!

Don Munsey, Jr dmunseyjr at comcast.net
S/Sn42, Hn42 and LEGO Radio controlled train operator
River Logging fan
Big Sandy & Cumberland RR fan
Virginian Rwy fan
Bonsai grasshopper
Living in the UpperRightCorner of Louisiana.