Names of Shortlines in WV and VA-Cedar, WV

Mon Apr 21 19:32:06 EDT 2008

Cedar has ceased to exist.

It was inside Cranberry. I drove up cedar road just
off of Rt 16, or what I love to call Robert Byrd.

I followed it for about 4 miles.....It is gone. That
is, as of 2008.

BUT, on older topo maps, it is still displayed near
some N&W rails.....

Hope this helps.

> This is a slightly different subject, but I would

> like some additional information on Cedar, WV to

> finish out the research for my book, Midnight on the

> Pocahontas. This would include information on the

> branch line to Majestic, KY and former Cedar mining

> operations. As this is book research, I just ask for

> a highlighted source.

> Lois J. Ponton

> 611 Historian

> ljp611 at ntelos.net

> > Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:57:52 -0400> To:

> Shortlines in WV and VA that made up the N&W railway

> I think I have just what you are looking for at> >

> http://www.nwhs.org/qna/Heritage.pdf> > Ron Davis> >

> At 09:29 AM 4/21/2008, you wrote:> > Folks,> >I am

> looking into the N&W and Virginian Railroads.

> Particularly the> >shortlines that made up the lines

> such as the Ieager & Southern as well as> >the

> recent line that was covered running from Virginia

> to Kentucky into WV> >in the arrow. Unforturnately

> someone has taken my N&W books as well as the>

> >arrows from last year. Any help would be grateful.

> My purpose for these is> >to show a history class

> that all big corporations start small. Don Mills> >>

> >Browse the NW-Mailing-List archives at>

> Browse the NW-Mailing-List archives at>

> Get in touch in an instant. Get Windows Live

> Messenger now.

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_getintouch_042008>

Man who loves Whitby WV