WHY ARE CABOOSES/CABEESES RED?

Tue May 6 07:01:04 EDT 2008

Plurals: Absolutely, "cabeeses" is not correct. Please drop that final "s".

Actually, "cabooses" is correct, but who wants to be tongue-tied trying to
speak about trains? If "geese" is good enough for the goose, it surely
should be good for a caboose. Write to your legislator!

Color: Wild guess, same reason barns were red. But don't remember why -
probably cost vs protection of wood from weather.

Craig Close
Balimer, Merlan
OK: Far West Catonsville
OR: Greater Oella