WHY ARE CABOOSES/CABEESES RED?

Tue May 6 19:56:32 EDT 2008

Some N&W Equipment Guides used the term "Cabin Cars," others used the term
"Caboose Cars." During my career with the N&W I don't think that I ever
heard anyone on the part of the N&W that I was familiar with use the term
"cabin car" in everyday operations. Instead, cabooses were called simply
"cabs," as in the "cab track" or the "cab supplyman" or as in "Everyone's on
the cab. Let's go."

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: WHY ARE CABOOSES/CABEESES RED?