[steam_tech] Re: TRAINS.com latest- can steam make a comeback?

Thu May 29 11:51:38 EDT 2008

All,

I am not sure if you saw my message a Class A basically matches 1.6
SD70M-2's over 30 mph in the area of drawbar horsepower. However diesels
are usually not worked to their maximum output level on a routine basis
because of increased maintenance costs. So the more practical comparison
would be a Class A compared to 2 but not 3 SD70M-2's.

John Rhodes

Also you need to sign your posts. Who am I talking to?