NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 30, Issue 83

Fri May 30 07:35:41 EDT 2008

Robb,
You may not have read my paper on modern steam that went around back around
the beginning of the year but a modern steam locomotive MUed in consist
could do all of the different trains you listed. It won't be a single
locomotive but multiple diesels are used as well. It will take no more
steam engines than diesels.

John Rhodes

The details are in my paper. I can get you a copy if you didn't read it.