N&W Exposition Special, 1907

Sun Jun 1 21:01:35 EDT 2008

Frank,

You fell victim to a completely understandable misunderstanding, viz., that
the 1907 Jamestown Exposition was held in Jamestown, where it could have
been served by the C&O. Illogically, the Jamestown Exposition was held at
Sewell's Point in Norfolk.

The attached map shows how N&W trains had to use the newly laid Tidewater
tracks to reach the "Union Station" at the entrance to the Exposition
grounds. The "Tidewater Ry" identification on the route is almost too small
to read on this map.

Gordon Hamilton