Crosstie Lane in Parrott

Fri Jun 6 14:46:30 EDT 2008

Another piece of information is needed here. The original line through Radford and over Schooler Hill included 11 miles from MP 298 near the mouth of Crab Creek to MP 309 near the mouth of Back Creek. When the new low-grade line was constructed the line was about four miles shorter and the mile posts were numbered 302 to 309 from Norfolk; specifically the MP 309 remained the same and the old MP 298 became new MP 302.

Today when proceeding from Vicker to Walton, the last mile post before Walton is MP 297 and next one is MP 302 which is near Walton. MP 309 is near Parrott. The old reports said the Schooler line ended near the mouth of Back Creek near to MP 309.

Bud Jeffries
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: Crosstie Lane in Parrott