Steam question regarding the Shenandoah Division

Sat Jul 5 21:59:35 EDT 2008

Remember that axle loadings and not just total engine weight plays a part in
weight restrictions too. Don't know how that applies in this particular
place, but I'm sure a J is much heavier per axle than a K. Might not be as
much a factor with the A though, since the Y's were so weighted with lead.
Rollercoaster profile and inability to reach speeds at which an A runs most
efficiently could have been factors.

Sam Putney

Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 9:38 AM
Subject: Steam question regarding the Shenandoah Division