Tidewater in 1907 -- World Record?

Sat Jul 5 23:53:02 EDT 2008

When I was there in '76 the reroute was complete and as I recall was freshly
paved.

Don Trettel

_____

Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2008 6:47 PM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Re: Tidewater in 1907 -- World Record?

Believe it or not, you could drive through the arsenal up until the late
'60's. When I was a student at Virginia Tech (1964-1968) the road from the
gate at Centerville on Peppers Ferry Road to Prices Fork Road (which was
later rerouted to bypass the arsenal and connect directly with Peppers Ferry
Road further east) was our shortcut back to Tech after taking our dates back
to Radford. I think concerns about possible sabotage during the Vietnam War
caused them to close the road to nonarsenal traffic.

Sam Putney

Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 11:08 AM

I suggest that Prime is a misspelling of Price. This is an interesting
thread none-the-less! Having ridden through the Arsenal numerous times,
being a Hercules Family and hearing about 'rerouts' (N&W to VGN and
vice-versa) using the Ardenal connection brings back fond memories.

Charlie Long