NWHS Exhibit

Mon Jul 28 23:32:56 EDT 2008

Nicely done, Gordon and Jim!

EdKing
To: 2VGN Ry Yahoo Group ; N&W Mailing 2List
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 10:17 PM
Subject: NWHS Exhibit

The Virginia Room in the main Roanoke Library is a center for genealogical and historical research and is staffed by four full time and one part time personnel.

The archivist there asked the NWHS to provide items for display near the entrance to that part of the library. Jim Gillum selected the display items at the last Archives work session, and I placed them in the display case. The display includes both N&W and VGN items. Also included are examples of books the Society has published. Addlitionally, Society contact info is displayed. A low resolution photo of the exhibit is attached The displays at the Virginia Room are normally for 3 months.

We have received favorable comments on our display from the Virginia Room staff.

Gordon Hamilton