Cincinnati Trip Report

Wed Aug 13 13:10:25 EDT 2008

Terry (et all),

I know this report is late, but the piled up work almost makes me wish I
hadn't been gone for a whole week. BUT, It was worth it.

Hobby shops: (found everything on my 'list' and then some)
HobbyTown - short bit north of 275 up 71. Catering to multiple hobbies.
Found some RR items I hadn't seen before.
Johnny's Toys - on the south side, inside the loop. Multiple hobbies. LOTS
of inventory. (wish I had more time)
DCC Train LLC - on Beechmont Ave. a little challenging to find, but WELL
worth it. Good inventory (with more coming) and loads of DCC products.

Special stop (and host):
Railroad Museum of Greater Cincinnati in Latonia, KY. Our own society
member Dave Moorehead offered a personal tour of the museum that I was NOT
going to turn down. The museum is focused on these Greater Cincinnati
roads: PRR B&O C&O L&N NYC N&W & SR. www.cincirailmuseum.org
Equipment includes many passenger cars, baggage cars, a Milk Car (COOL!),
cabooses, N&W CF cabin car, RPO, troop car, switching diesels, a Pennsy EMD
E-8, and I'm just sure I'm leaving out some other notables.
We peeked and poked and even checked out some monster crankshafts! Dave was
an excellent Guide and I really appreciate him taking time to show me
around. We had a WONNERFUL time with a trip 'back-in-time'.
The hard part is going to be choosing which photos to tease you with . . .

A very special THANKS go to Dave Moorehead, who also invited me to the
mid-week service at First Baptist Church of Milford www.fbcm.org where I
saw only friendly faces and warm hearts.

Sincerely,
Dave Willis. (blt 1962, c/n 4)
Bluestone Junction - Cooper(s) - Coaldale, 1952

[
moderator: images put on website as following:
http://nwhs.org/qna/photos/20080813-IMG_1380.1.jpg
http://nwhs.org/qna/photos/20080813-IMG_1398.1.jpg
http://nwhs.org/qna/photos/20080813-IMG_1406.1.jpg
]