Melborn

Sat Aug 23 12:28:28 EDT 2008

Melborn is located 5.5 miles west of Radford on the Bristol line, and is 2.5
miles east of Dublin. The only track chart I have is dated 1972 and the
siding had been removed by that date. It is still single tracked today. I
remember that siding and the mileposts you referenced is probably too long
for its location. An employee timetable for 1954 states the siding was about
6300 feet useable length for a passing siding. While the track chart lists
Melborn, there was no station there and the "community" there [a collection
of homes and trailer parks] is unincorporated.

Bud Jeffries

Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:10 AM
Subject: Melborn