History Lesson 101

Sun Aug 24 21:35:30 EDT 2008

One of those corrections:
(Bob Hundman, currently... <mailto:hundman at comcast.net>
hundman at comcast.net)
That should have been ".net" rather than ".com" (corrected above).

Craig Close
Balimer, Merlan
OK: Far West Catonsville
OR: Greater Oella

_____

Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2008 2:28 PM
To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Subject: Re: History Lesson 101

Bob--
You and Jerry are both correct, and thank you for the appropriate comments.
Those of us who try to write meaningful articles for the Arrow (and my
efforts at Talk Among Friends) want them to be as accurate as possible. It
is the obligation of an Historical Society to strive in that direction. But
often the references we consult are either incomplete or just simply wrong.
And sometimes we inadvertently write things down incorrectly. Our
publications committee reviews each issue thoroughly trying to catch as many
of these mistakes as possible. But, inevitably, a few errors do creep
through. I think most of our authors welcome constructive criticism and
corrections in the interest of making our publications the best we can make
them. So, anyone out there finding mistakes...please send letters to the
editor (Bob Hundman, currently... hundman at comcast.com
<mailto:hundman at comcast.com> ), so that we can set the record straight.
Sincerely,
Bucky Wilson

_____

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal
<http://information.travel.aol.com/deals?ncid=aoltrv00050000000047> here.