N&W Shenandoah Line Question

Thu Sep 11 22:37:37 EDT 2008

Rick gives a pretty thorough review. I can remember the train and passenger
car setting at Front Royal while the Redbird shifted cars on the overload
track next to the Viscose plant. The freight crews never ran from Hagerstown
to Roanoke. I used to ask the freight crews questions about the Roanoke
District between Shenandoah and Roanoke and to them it was just as foreign
as being on the moon. \
Mason Cooper