Question about the N&W freight "hooter" whistle

Tue Sep 23 20:32:00 EDT 2008

Mike,

I can give you all of these dates, but if you have my revised edition of my book, N&W: Giant of Steam, they are listed in an appendix.

Bud Jeffries
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:38 PM
Subject: RE: Question about the N&W freight "hooter" whistle

Folks,

While we are the subject of the great Y6 classes, I am in the need of the build dates of the Y6, Y6a and Y6b classes. I have the years but need the month of build!

I have many of the nice N&W books but they do not list the months. As always up to things for the society.

Lastly I need a source of drawings and diagrams for the S1 and S1a classes.

Thanks Mike Ritschdorff

I can also be contacted off line at nwpoca at hotmail.com