Blue Paint

Fri Oct 17 16:15:13 EDT 2008

I remember the great debate about the blue paint. We still use it to mark cable locations near the track and future ins. joints. Yellow was the color of the Sig. Dept. for a long time (hard hats, etc.)

As an update, the end of the tie next to the milepost is painted blue, the end of the tie over a culvert is painted white (on the railroad north side of the track), there is a 12" white bar in the middle of the tie at each end of a bridge and the ins. joints have a blue square painted on the tie next to the joint. This is for a GPS locating system database.

Larry Stanley
Lead Signalman, Gang 677

(inferior??????)