Gaithersburg show is only a week away !!

Sun Oct 26 09:00:42 EDT 2008

Okay gang, it's that time of the year again.

One more week until the annual big railroadianna event of the east, Gaithersburg!

For the serious rail buff, Friday and Saturday will be the early-bird days to visit, but as usual, you will have to pay to play ... however, IF you're a serious collector or accumulator, IT'S WORTH IT. The early bird gets the worm and I am sure this year will be no exception.

Several rail historical societies will be represented with at least Southern, ACL/SAL and C&O being well-represented I am sure. And of course there will be plenty of dealer's wares to choose from as well.

Friday it will be open 12-4; Saturday 10-4 and Sunday 7-9 for setup and then the "general public" can enter and be a part of the show from 9-4. The early entry cost for Friday and Saturday is $35 but well worth it for the advanced collector or dealer.

The modeling end is not to be neglected, too as one whole building and room is devoted to this all-important rail hobby mode.

As we all know, you never know from year to year what new will be showing up, so don't be left out for if you snooze, you lose!

See you there, at the Gaithersburg, Maryland fairgrounds, just off Interstate-270 and either the Montgomery Village or Clopper Rd. exits, on Friday, October 31, Saturday, November 1 and Sunday, November 2.

Don't forget that daylight savings time ends this Sunday morning and as an added bonus there is NO Washington Redskins football game this week; it's their 'bye' week off.