[CSXTSystemwide] A LIVE DERAILMENT CAUGHT ON TAPE! THANKS TO GREG POPE IN NC

Mon Nov 17 07:26:37 EST 2008

Check out this live derailment of light Norfolk Southern units caught on
tape!

Skip Salmon
--

Subject:[CSXTSystemwide] A LIVE DERAILMENT CAUGHT ON TAPE! THANKS TO GREG
POPE INNC
Date:Sun, 16 Nov 2008 07:16:57 -0500

The NS 7 a.m. Raleigh Yard Job came off today as it was returning light
back from dowtown. I was able to catch it on tape. Don't think I'll
ever see something like this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPzo9cm0IqU

It started pouring after this, and I had to go, so I didn't see the
cleanup and repair. Can anyone figure out what could have put this
train on the ground? The track in the yard isn't in good condition, but
I wouldn't think a light HH would break a rail.

GREG POPE