611 Excursion

Tue Nov 18 00:39:48 EST 2008

Dave,

If anyone has it, it'll be this guy:

Keith Lehman
1033 E. Greenville Pike
Winchester, IN 47394-9405
765-584-1002 phone/fax

I used to see him all the time at train shows, but not lately. He sold a whole series of rail videos taken in the Indiana-Ohio area. The address may be old, it's from one of his catalogs. The oldest tape listed on the catalog I have is 1989. Good luck!

Keith Baker
Ft. Wayne, IN

Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 9:22 PM
Subject: 611 Excursion

Listers,

This may be a shot in the dark but knowing how knowledgeable you all are I'm going to give it shot.

I would like to know if there are any videos of N&W 611 when it made a trip to Muncie, Indiana in the mid (late?) 80's. My very young son and I boarded the train at New Castle, IN and rode it back to Muncie, IN. At the time I was not "into" the N&W so I did not pay close attention to 611's itinerary. I don't recall where the train was coming from or going to. My son was probably 3 or 4 at the time so the year may have been '86 or '87. I do remember that it was a great trip and my boy loved it-except for catching a cinder in the eye from which he quickly recovered. I loved it too. At least we were able to experience 611 under steam before it was finally retired.

I'd like to get the video (VCR, CD, whatever) of the trip if it is available.

Dave Moorehead
Milford, Ohio