NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 40, Issue 14

Tue Feb 10 11:17:18 EST 2009

> Subject: Re: Shenandoah Valley Line Info

> I have a booklet N&W printed in the 1950's with a description of

> principal towns and their industries on each division. Let me know

> if you would like a copy of the Shenandoah Division info.

> morrison at eopipes.com

> Rick Morrison

Hi Mike and Rick,
I have two of those booklets but I don't recall where I got them.
They're called "Along The Right of Way" and were published by the
N&W. They list every town in a division that had a depot where the
population was at least 100 people. A brief description is given of
the industries in each area. One of my copies used census data from
1940, the other from 1952. It's worth looking for one. Try used
bookseller, amazon and eBay.
Joe Giannovario
Editor-in-Chief/Publisher
O Scale Trains Magazine