My contact info

Wed Feb 11 20:59:34 EST 2009

The branch first entered the Radford Divn. timetable in Dec. 1918, as
Virginia-Carolina Branch. The wyes and turntables mentioned by Mr. King are
the same. On July 13, 1919 the entry was changed to Abingdon Branch. In the
Richard Prince book, he states that at Damascus and Whitetop were 60'
"armstrong" turntables. No mention of Elkland, except that the line from
there to West Jefferson was abandoned in 1933

Also, interesting is that prior to April 30, 1922 Whitetop was in the
timetable as White Top Gap.

Jeff Sanders

Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: My contact info