FW: Photographers take notice, CVS to suspend Kodak processing!!!

Sat Feb 14 14:33:39 EST 2009

To: railcow at msn.comSubject: Re: Photographers take notice, CVS to suspend Kodak processing!!!Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 14:13:23 -0500From: bbear746 at aol.com
There are many pro labs that process film! There is still a fair demand for all film types but it's no surprise that Kodak is getting out of this part of the market. They (Kodak) has been putting 70%+ of their resources into digital for several years and are one of the leaders in the digital field but they just last year developed a new B&W print film so they haven't given up on film completely.Happy shootingJeff Coleman

-----Original Message-----From: NORRIS DEYERLE <railcow at msn.com>Sent: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 1:30 pmSubject: FW: Photographers take notice, CVS to suspend Kodak processing!!!

From: railcow at msn.comSubject: FW: Photographers take notice, CVS to suspend Kodak processing!!!Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:29:45 -0500

Good afternoon BRC Members and Friends, As the world turns? The digital age is overcoming those of us that shoot trains with slides! Please read the email that I sent you with this. I sure hate to see this happening. I still prefer slides over digital. Take care, Norris Deyerle

N&W Group,

We recieved notification today at work [CVS]... that Kodak... (a.k.a. Qualex) will be suspending film processing effective March 31, 2009. Kodak handles all the send out processing for department and drug stores in the United States and I believe they are the last firm still processing slide film. What this means is if you are like me and always have 8-10 rolls of slide film in the refrigerator, consider this "fair warning" to use it up if you are going to need slide documentation of something N&W in the future. This might be a good time to go out and shoot those remaining buildings, bridges and signals while you can get the film processed. And now it l ooks like Bob Bowers will finally have to join the instant gratification (digital) generation.

Sorry for the bad news,
Mason Cooper

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. See how it works.

Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. Check it out.=

Carnations mean admiration, Tulips mean love - what do Roses mean? Find out now!