Electrification question from a newbie....

Mon Feb 16 13:31:14 EST 2009

Some of the bridges in West Virginia still have their catenary poles
attached. The ones at Gardwood and Bud come to mind, maybe a couple
of others, but not the one at Covel.

The bridge over the Roanoke river at Wabun parellel to the N&W bridge
still has the brackets on the side where the poles were attached,
although the pole themselves are gone.

As for horizontal screens, I believe the Colorado St. (US 11) bridge
in Salem has some, although I cannot say whether they date back to
the electrification.

Joe Shaw
Christiansburg, VA
http://www.krunk.org/