Turntable Drawings

Wed Mar 4 14:58:26 EST 2009

I wrote an article, "Fabricating an American Bridge Co. Turntable",
that was published in the March/April 2008 edition of "Live Steam and
Outdoor Railroading" magazine.

In doing my research, I visited a number of libraries, including the
NMRA. What I found out was that most RRT's were commercially made by
either American Bridge Co. or Bethlehem Steel Co.

I then found a site run by Russel Crump on the internet. For $43,
Russell, sent me 19 36"x24" drawings of a 100 ft A.B.C. turntable, I
was then able to fabricate two turntable that are each 14 feet long,
a little big for HO. See if he has any drawing you can use.

http://www.atsfry.com/EasternArchive/Plans/platurnt.htm