Passing of Oakie Ford

Mon Mar 30 13:43:51 EDT 2009

Gary and all.
Oakie will truly be missed, when I took my mother home to Ironton for her 50 year class reunion a few years ago I got in touch with Oakie and he gave me locations for train watching and other valuable info on that area. He will truly be missed for all he contributed to the Society.

Stephen Daniel
Chesapeake, Va
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 12:45 PM
Subject: Passing of Oakie Ford

One of our members and a real enthusiast of the N&W and railroading in Southern Ohio particularly the Ironton area, Oakie Ford, has passed away unexpectedly on March 26th. Oakie was a contributor on out mailing list usually with good historical information or some really fascinatingThis email is being sent on behalf of the family of Oakie Ford.

On March 26, 2009 Oakie passed away unexpectedly. He corresponded with so many of you over the years via email that his family wanted to make sure that as many people as possible were made aware of his untimely passing and service arrangements.

Tracey Brammer Funeral Home - Ironton, Ohio (740) 532-1142

Visitation is Sunday 6:00pm - 9:00pm

Memorial Service Monday 11:00am at First Presbyterian Church in Ironton

In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the First Presbyterian Church in Ironton, Ohio.

insights into the world of the transportation service industry.

Gary Rolih

Secretary N&WHS