W2 reference help needed

Tue Apr 7 00:04:44 EDT 2009

MP Department's Data Book No. I, dated 8-21-1951, lists the last eight W2's
in service. This booklet lists the valve gears used on all locomotives. The
W2's had 778 and 887 with Baker; the 693, 702, 746, 758, 789 and 946 with
Stephenson. I know the diagrams list them this way but other documents don't
support that.

More research is needed for this subject.

Bud Jeffries

Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: W2 reference help needed