R. F. Dunlap

Sun Apr 19 03:38:39 EDT 2009

April 19, 2009

For those interest in Dick Dunlap, I'm following up on an earlier note I wrote about his heritage.

1930 Census information:

Albert C. Dunlap 40 years old
Helen M. Dunlap 35 years old
Richard F. Dunlap 8 years old

There was no relationship between Albert and M. J. Dunlap, the Boyce station agent between approximately 1895 and 1929. M. J. Dunlap's son who lived in Roanoke was named William H. Dunlap.

Albert C. Dunlap
7 Albemarle Av, SW

Assistant General Freight Manager, N&W

Wife: Helen M. Dunlap

There was no relationship between Albert and M. J. Dunlap.

HILL'S ROANOKE CITY DIRECTORY, 1933 - F23.R6 A15 1933, p. 142

Albert C. Dunlap
7 Albemarle Av, SW

Assistant General Freight Manager, N&W

So, even though Dick wasn't the grandson of a station agent, he was son of a general freight agent, which I suppose helped his career through name recognition.

Good morning,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com