N&W in 1909--NRH&W Ry

Wed May 20 16:57:47 EDT 2009

Wonder where the 8 miles from Narrows to Rocky Gap came from (unless I'm missing something)? I remember us taking credit for earning our Boy Scout Cycling merit badges of ~25 miles per round trip. I checked Google Maps and it says the distance from Narrows (downtown) to Rocky Gap is 17+ miles. The railroad grade made for easy riding and the scenery was always beautiful.

Ed Painter - Narrows, VA living in Russellville, AR