Batteaux

Sat May 30 06:45:46 EDT 2009

The bateaux cruises idea came from Paris where several companies operate
sightseeing boats on the Seine. I took my wife to Paris for our 5th
anniversary and we took the Bateaux - Mouches dinner cruise. B-M is perhaps
the best known of the Seine boats operations. It was a spectacularly
romantic way to see Paris at night while having a superb (albeit expensive)
meal. You can read about it here: http://www.bateaux-mouches.fr/

We got to Paris by flying into London, taking the express train from
Heathrow to Paddington Station, the tube to Waterloo Station, and then the
Eurostar train to Paris. Anyone who likes trains must take the Eurostar once
in their life. It's an incredible trip. The train hits 300KPH (186MPH) in
rural France, and runs at over 100MPH through the Channel Tunnel.

Rob Doorack