New Traffic through Jonesborough TN - Crescent Line

Wed Jul 29 17:58:07 EDT 2009

That was the 25N? Hmmm, interesting. I remember the 217 was the
regular westbound pig train on the Pokey when I was up there last
year, and it had all the UPS pigs on it headed toward Columbus. The
233 was also a westbound Pokey stack train, but of course they
couldn't "stack" the containers because of clearances, so it was a
bunch of single stacked well cars. It was also headed via Columbus to
points west.

They may be trying a new routing for the UPS trains. Last winter we
had both the 217 and the 233 come down the Bristol Line when the
Whitethorne and New River districts were plugged up with derailments.
I can remember the dispatcher telling me "No track time for you today
maintainer Blevins!"

I simply replied "Okay sir. Thank you and OUT!"

Ben Blevins