NW 611 Silver Commemoratives

Tue Aug 11 12:40:30 EDT 2009

Oh yeah, definitely a "medallion". Just described it as a "coin" as reference to the shape.

Was really just hoping some other collectors on here might have knowledge of when they were produced, or info on the entity (Silver Images) that produced them. Figured someone on this list would own one.

My guess is it was maybe part of a steam locomotive series produced by one of the endless list of private companies that have come and gone. Valuation isn't a big thing. I'd have bought it even if I knew it was a clad piece. Was just hoping for more details.

Thanks for the replies.

Vince