info on engines

Mon Aug 17 22:23:31 EDT 2009

Chris,

I can answer most of your questions; all except one.
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:19 PM
Subject: info on engines

Is there any way to find specific information on engines? I am seeking the following information on engines 1136 and 1447.

What class of engine are they?
1136 is a Class M2
1447 is a Z1a; later rebuilt as Z1b on 3-1929

When were they manufactured?
1136 in 10-1910
1447 in 2-1916

Where were they manufactured?
1136 by Baldwin Loco. Works at Eddystone, PA
1447 by American Loco. Co. at Schenectady, NY

What districts/stations did they serve at?
Don't have specific answers. Both used across the N&W system during their lives.

When were they taken out of service?
1136 dismantled at Portsmouth Shops on 9-28-1951
1447 dismantled at Lamberts Point on 6-28-1957

What has happened to them now/do they still exist at a museum?
Neither exist now.
Bud Jeffries

Thanks for any help,
Chris Neff

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.