High Bridge

Tue Sep 15 14:01:58 EDT 2009

While checking?out this Lynchburg bypass discussion?on?google maps, I followed the track East to see what was happening at High Bridge and was surprised to see that the bridge is still there but there's no track. I know I'm not?up-to-date on N&W alignments, but I thought I would have known whether High Bridge was still in service. I didn't.

When did traffic over the bridge end? What is the fate of the bridge? Any portion still there?

Ted Goodman, Columbus