J #604/611 Data

Mon Sep 28 21:56:52 EDT 2009

First, I have a interesting question:

Why was 604 the first J to go to scrap?

Second, in my completion of the book Midnight on the Pocahontas (about 611's 1956 wreck) I have to cover why the 611 was preserved. I would like this to be a private conversation, but I would like to speak with former N&W employees and the like who have information on why the 611 is still with us today. The subject can also be discussed on the board at the moderator's wish.

Lois J. Ponton

Friends of the 611