Dixon, Parker, & Huddleston's new book

Tue Oct 6 10:35:57 EDT 2009

"How much extra text is added from the original book? I have the first one and don't want
to duplicate copies if not needed. Thanks.
Brian"

Brian,
The new book is completely different in that it has much more text and twice the pages.
That said and depending on what books you already have in your library, text wise, there is nothing ground shaking in the new book. At times I found the explanations confusing or at least not very clear.
There are a number of different photos added and some left out ( and at least one mislabeled ). A couple of nice HO scale drawings by Bob Hundman grace the inside covers.
I would suggest that you look the book over for yourself, then decide.
As long as I'm handing out my two cents, the definative Y Class book is yet to be written. Something along the lines of Ed King's "A" or Huddleston's "Allegheny" is in order.

Jimmy Lisle