Y6A 2156

Fri Oct 30 16:32:41 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Jeff Morfit wrote:

> I heard that Robert Claytor was trying to negotiate with the National Museum

> about leasing, and restorting Y6A 2156 for railfan service during his

> tenure, but was refused for some reason.

Word going around at the time was that the St. Louis folks wanted
Norfolk Southern to post a ridiculously high performance bond to cover
movement of the engine from St. Louis to Alabama. NS, being in the
rail transportation business and having recently completed the
successful movement of both the 611 and the 1218 from Roanoke to
Alabama, balked at the absurd request. That pretty much put the
project at a stalemate.

Bruce in Blacksburg