NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 49, Issue 4

Mon Nov 2 21:58:06 EST 2009

Neither. I meant the Barney cars which move the or moved the hoppers
at Lambert's Point?

Barney & Smith manufactured cars for railroads way back when and the
Birney streetcars made their presence well-known on trction systems
and a number have survived today.

If I am using the wrong term for Lambert's Poinbt where they moved the
coal hoppers to be turned and dumped, those are what I am referring. I
had always thought they were referred to as Barney cars but will stand
corrected if I am in error. A friend asked me today.

Bob

Do you mean the Barney and Smith cars, or the Birney Streetcars?