Jawn Henery Boiler

Sat Nov 7 17:05:49 EST 2009

I've attached a copy of the boiler information from my Operator's Manual. If you've been around high pressure boilers (i.e., US Navy), this description may help you picture the boiler.

Steve Watson
VaBeach, VA
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 8:26 AM
Subject: Jawn Henery Boiler

Well,,, this is my first attempt at this N&W mailing list thingie, and the instructions did say to ask questions..
I remember the "Jawn Henry" in the Bluefield yards in the late 50's, I can also remember conversation from the shop people about the high pressure boiler and their fear of it's 600 lbs of pressure. I was told that it had a Marine "M" type B&W water tube boiler. My question is; what type of boiler was used and are drawings available?

Thank you;
Gene Arnold