N&W in 1910--Office building

Tue Jan 26 12:33:09 EST 2010

I thought that it was a retirement home for old Rail Heads.

Yes, I can understand"sentimentality attached". I grew up in Bluefield in the 40's and 50's. When I go there now I am sickened by what I see, or by what I don't see. Especially the metal butler building standing where the old stone passenger station once stood..

Gene Arnold
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: N&W in 1910--Office building

"Consumption" was an old name for Tuburculosis, which seemed to "consume" its victims.

On another aspect of the story, It is kind of interesting to think of the sentimentality attached to a building that is all of 22 years old. Can any here imagine feeling nostalgia for a building built in 1988?

Ken Miller