Heartland Corridor Project

Wed Jan 27 10:55:29 EST 2010

Sadly, what is happening to most of the tunnels is a butchering of the portals—they look like a 5 year old with a chisel notched the tops to make a corner rather than make a nice smooth but higher surface.  I wrote to NS about what happened to the Roderfield tunnels and got something back about saving millions and coming in 8 months ahead of schedule—it’s a shame that railroading is a business…I do think they disrespected history when they could have done so much to preserve it.
Mike Shockley
N&W Guyandotte Division (in HO Scale)