Amtrak Excursion to Washington, DC

Mon Mar 15 21:22:10 EDT 2010

The Roanoke Chapter, National Railway Historical Society (NRHS) is
sponsoring an Amtrak excursion train ride from Lynchburg to
Washington, DC, on Friday, May 14, 2010. Charter buses will begin
boarding at the Virginia Museum of Transportation, 303 Norfolk Avenue
SW in Roanoke at 5:30 am with departure at 5:45 for Lynchburg where
we transfer to our train for a 7:38 am departure. The train is
scheduled to arrive in Alexandria at 11:05 am and Washington's Union
Station at 11:20 am. You will have approximately five hours to sight
see on your own in Washington or Alexandria. Our train departs from
Washington at 4:50 pm and Alexandria at 5:11 pm with scheduled
arrival in Lynchburg at 8:36 pm where the buses will return all
passengers to Roanoke. Expected arrival back in Roanoke is
approximately 10 pm.

Ticket prices are: Adults, $115.00; Seniors 62 and over, $105.00;
and Youth under 16, $65.00. All adults and seniors must have a
government or school-issued photo ID.

Tickets are limited and will be sold "first come, first serve". To
order tickets, call the Roanoke Chapter NRHS at 540-774-0611 with a
credit card available or write and send a check to PO Box 13222,
Roanoke, VA 24032. Please include the first and last names of all
passengers as shown on their ID.

Walter Alexander