Chesapeake Western Bridge

Tue Mar 30 22:01:31 EDT 2010

There is more of a story to the bridge than what you think. They used to
unload feed from covered hoppers directly into the beds of trucks on the
right hand side of the bridge. The civered hopper would be spotted standing
over the bridge until it was empty.I believe I have a B&W negative of this
taking place that was made about 1974. The truck parking area under the
trestle is to the right hand side and appears to have been since filled in.
This bridge is on the former CW Bridgewater branch.

Mason Cooper