Passenger Train names

Mon Apr 12 09:58:08 EDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon, Apr 12, 2010 8:16 am
Subject: Passenger Train names

In the late 50's and early 60's I thought there were 3 East bound trains from Cincinnati to Norfolk.
Train No. 25
Train No. 3.
Train No. 15.
West bound trains from Norfolk to Cincinnati.
Train No. 26
Train No. 4.
Train No. 16.
I remember 3 names, Powhatan Arrow, Pocahontas. and the Cavalier.
I'm sure that someone in this vast land of information can connect the names with the numbers for me.
Thank you:
Gene A. Gloucester, Va.

Gene-
In later years, -The Cannonball, Nos. 21 and 22 were combined with The Cavalier,
Nos. 15-16 between Norfolk and Petersburg. In Norfolk Division timetables, Nos. 15-16
originated/terminated at Petersburg and Nos. 21-22 became the surviving train
numbers between Norfolk and Petersburg. Harry Bundy

o change your subscription go to
ttp://list.nwhs.org/mailman/options/nw-mailing-list
rowse the NW-Mailing-List archives at
ttp://list.nwhs.org/pipermail/nw-mailing-list/